Who We Are
American Midwest Bank had a very exciting year in 2011! On November 18, 2011 American National Bank of DeKalb County and AmericaUnited Bank & Trust joined together to become American Midwest Bank.
We now have six locations to serve our customers: two offices in Sycamore, and one each in DeKalb, Antioch, Gurnee, and Schaumburg. American Midwest Bank employs over 150 financial services professionals. Our commitment to our customers and to our community remains rock solid. We are your community bank.
We provide our personal and business customers with the most innovative products and services available in the marketplace today. These include a full range of deposit products, internet and mobile banking and 24-hour In-Touch telephone banking. We also offer Residential Mortgage Services, Investment Services*, Independent Insurance Agency Services, Tax and Payroll Services, and Trust Services.
To appreciate where we are growing together as American Midwest Bank, it's important to know where we began:
American National Bank of DeKalb County
- University National Bank of DeKalb was founded in 1973.
- In 1975, the Bank was sold to DeKalb Limited Partnership. Richard Willey became President and CEO. Today, Mr. Willey continues in the same capacity at American Midwest Bank.
- In 1976 the name changed to American National Bank of DeKalb, and in 1978 a DeKalb office opened.
- In 1991 Farmers and Merchants Bank of Sycamore was acquired and the name was changed to American National Bank of DeKalb County.
- In 1999 the flagship facility was opened in Sycamore on Route 23 and Bethany Road. This serves as the main office of American Midwest Bank.
- In 2001 the Insurance Agency and Tax & Payroll Division joined American National Bank of DeKalb County.
- The Investment Division* was added in 2002.
AmericaUnited Bank & Trust Company USA
- AmericaUnited Bank & Trust was originally founded as Schaumburg State Bank in 1965, and was the very first bank in Schaumburg.
- In 1981 the name was changed to First Bank of Schaumburg.
- In 1992 the second branch was opened and service was expanded to Streamwood.
- In 1998 the name was changed to AmericaUnited Bank & Trust to reflect the united service to all residents in each community.
- In 2005 AmericaUnited expanded again by adding a facility in Des Plaines.
- In 2007 AmericaUnited Bank & Trust moved North by purchasing First National Bank Employee Owned with locations in Antioch and Gurnee.
American Midwest Bank Mission Statement
To be the primary financial services provider for every customer we touch. We focus on building long-term relationships and delivering flexible and creative solutions to our customers' financial needs.
American Midwest Bank Core Values
- We treat our customers as friends.
- We embrace our employees as family.
- We demand honesty, integrity, and trust in every relationship we cultivate.
- We listen with a caring ear and an open mind to all possibilities.